EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
Franziska Riedel represents and advises German and international goods transport and transport liability insurers as well as freight forwarders, in particular in contentious matters before German courts nationwide. Her work includes advising on and settling transport damage as well as resolving customs law conflicts and examining liability issues in warehousing law.
She also advises foreign lawyers on disputes relating to Germany or German law and can thus at the same time draw on a network of foreign correspondent lawyers when it comes to representing clients before foreign courts. She is always focused on the clients’ interests, in particular from an economic point of view.
- 2001 – 2007: Studies at the Free University of Berlin
- 2007 – 2009: Traineeship at the Higher Regional Court of Celle
- 2010: Lawyer with Grimme & Partner
- since 2010: Lawyer at REMÉ Attorneys at Law
- since 2013: Specialist lawyer for transport and forwarding law
- German, English
- Awarded by Handelsblatt and Best Lawyers of the top lawyers in Germany in the field of insurance law 2021 (“Germany’s Best Lawyers 2021”)
- German Association for International Maritime Law e.V.
- German Association for Transport Law e.V.
- German Association of Women Lawyers e.V.
Franziska Riedel is a lawyer specialising in maritime and transport law.
Do you have any questions? Write to us.