EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
Highly experienced litigator. His practice ranges from contentious international transport cases to shipping law disputes (collisions, charter party disputes, general average, cargo damage) to complex coverage disputes for insurers.
He provides solution-oriented and practical advice on the drafting of logistics contracts and the drafting of insurance conditions and represents, in addition to a number of transport insurers, international logistics groups and their transport liability insurers in all transport law issues relating to road, sea, air and rail transport. Particular specialisation in railway law.
- Lawyer since 1996. Until 2001 lawyer in a law firm in Hamburg specialising in transport and insurance law.
- With REMÉ Rechtsanwälte since 2001.
- German, English
- Regularly nominated as arbitrator in transport, insurance and shipping disputes (GMAA, ICC, DIS, ad hoc).
- Frequently booked by clients for insurance and transport law training of staff and management.
- Constantly recommended by reference works on the legal market
- Legal500: “…recommended for his experience in handling international transport law cases and shipping law disputes”.
- Juve: “Often recommended lawyer”
- Chambers and Partners 2020: “…fierce litigator.”
- Co-author “Munich Lawyers’ Handbook on Insurance Law” (§ 11 Marine Insurance).
- Co-author “The European Lawyer – Shipping & International Trade Law”, 4th edition 2017.
- Hamburg Bar Association
- German Society for Transport Law
- German Maritime Arbitration Association
- Traditional Association of German Transport Insurers
- Assembly of a Respectable Merchant in Hamburg e.V.
- Member of DVIS (German Association for International Maritime Law)
Ingo Gercke bar certified as specialist for maritime and transport law.
Transport and logistics
Specialising in everything between origin and destination.
The safe choice for insurance companies.
Maritime and shipping
Standing up to the strongest storms.
Arbitration and International Litigation
Ready for action across borders.
Railway and rail
Trouble-free through the process.
Do you have any questions? Write to us.