EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
Very experienced litigator. His work ranges from shipping law disputes (collisions, cargo damage, etc.) to national and international transport law cases and comprehensive representation of insurers in the field of marine insurance/transport insurance and technical insurance/property insurance.
He also regularly represents trading houses and industrial companies in connection with national and international sales contracts (commodities etc.) or contracts for work and services (project contracts etc.). He provides precise and practical advice.
- Lawyer since 1997.
- At REMÉ Rechtsanwälte since 1998.
- German, English, French
- Represents clients not only regularly in High courts and Appeal courts in Germany, but also before arbitration tribunals (GMAA, ICC, DIS, Warenverein etc.).
Frequently booked by clients for insurance training of staff and management.
- Constantly recommended by reference works on the legal market
- Handelsblatt 07/2021: “Best Lawyer” for insurance law.
- Juve 2019/2020: “Reliable partner for claims settlements”.
- Juve 2021/2022 “highly experienced in marine insurance law”.
- Co-author “The European Lawyer – Shipping & International Trade Law”, 2nd edition 2015
- Co-author “ICLG Shipping Laws and Regulations“, edition 2021
- German Maritime Law Society (DVIS)
- Transport Law Society (DGTR)
- Traditional Society of German Maritime Underwriters (TDV)
Jobst von Werder is fully qualified lawyer specialized in maritime and shipping law, insurance law, transport law and general economic law.
Maritime and shipping
Standing up to the strongest storms.
The safe choice for insurance companies.
Transport and logistics
Specialising in everything between origin and destination.
General commercial law
Stability factor for the economy.
Arbitration and International Litigation
Ready for action across borders.
Do you have any questions? Write to us.