EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
Niels Tobien represents a number of insurers, logistics and forwarding companies, warehousing companies, parcel service providers and companies from the manufacturing industry in all areas of transport and insurance law and in relation to all modes of transport. His work includes recourse and defence services in national and international transport law issues, including litigation before ordinary courts and arbitration tribunals, advising on coverage issues and drafting and reviewing logistics and insurance contracts and general terms and conditions. Niels Tobien has many years of litigation experience and provides practical and solution-oriented advice.
- 1994 – 2000: Studies at the Georg-August-University Göttingen and the Université Phantéon-Assas in Paris
- 2000 – 2001: LL.M. studies in Shipping Law, University of Cape Town (UCT)
- 2002 – 2004: Legal practical education, inter alia at the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH)
- 2005: Lawyer in a law firm specialising in transport and insurance law in Hamburg
- With REMÉ Rechtsanwälte since 2006
- 2006: Specialist lawyer course in transport and forwarding law
- 2014: Specialist lawyer course in insurance law
- Lecturer in transport law at the HSBA Hamburg Business School of Administration for many years.
- German, English, French
- Award in the “Best Lawyers Ranking 2021” of the Handelsblatt in the area of transport law
- German Society for Transport Law
- Member of DVIS (German Association for International Maritime Law)
Niels Onno Tobien bar certified as specialist for maritime and transport law. He is also a specialist in insurance law.
Transport and logistics
Specialising in everything between origin and destination.
The safe choice for insurance companies.
Maritime and shipping
Standing up to the strongest storms.
Arbitration and International Litigation
Ready for action across borders.
General commercial law
Stability factor for the economy.
Do you have any questions? Write to us.